Inspector 2nd Class: Spincraft MA
Qualified candidates should submit resume via 'Email Poster' link above
Description of Tasks
1. Read and utilize all measuring instruments common to our operations, such as rules, squares, circumference tapes, vernier tapes, vernier calipers, depth and diameter gauges, radius gauges, vide-gauge, pressure gauges, etc., with minimum supervision.
2. Apply proper testing procedures for water, or air pressure testing setups.
3. Check all dimensions on spun, machined, welded, forged, cast parts, etc., and make necessary reports on inspection copy of work order. Assist operator or supervisor in arriving at quality standards required, and make suggestions and recommendations whenever possible.
4. Assume responsibility for stopping operations on parts produced that are not within tolerances or quality standards , and report at once to supervisor and general supervisor if necessary to worker's own superior as well.
5. Inspect and determine responsibility regarding returned merchandise by customer and fill out necessary papers outlining item in question.
6. Note and report all instances of careless handling of materials and defective workmanship. Strive at all times through cooperation with supervisors and other employees to eliminate such conditions.
7. Make inspection and report all defects on incoming materials, tools, dies, casting, etc. as assigned by supervisor and perform all inspections and related functions.
8. Permit no materials to be shipped when known to be substandard. Make out release papers when parts have been cleared for shipment.
9. Devise own simple checking setups and simple fixture for fast checking of parts.
10. Always maintain inspection department in neat and orderly condition and exercise proper practices in care of all equipment.
11. Cooperate with management in observance of procedures and maintaining records required. These may be in accordance to MIL-Q-9858, or to any other specification that Spincraft must conform to.
12. Perform other duties as required in order to complete other tasks.
- 1. Calipers
- 2. Precision Knees
- 3. Computer
- 4. Hand Tools
- BODY POSITION
- A. CLIMBING - Occasionally - Using stepladder to climb inside hemispheres and onto machines.
- B. BENDING/STOOPING - Occasionally - to perform inspection work.
- C. KNEELING - Occasionally - to perform inspection work.
- D. CRAWLING
- E. LIFTING
- F. CARRYING
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.57 /hour
NOTE: Applicants must be US citizens due to the nature of our contracts.
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift